Sunday, August 24, 2008

Continuation.....

Our journey to the Kinabalu Park continued and about 45 minutes later, we reached a small town named Pekan Nabalu. I bought few souvenirs like Sompoton - a traditional musical instrument of Kadazan people, T-shirts and few small things. After about one hour browsing the shops, we continued the journey. Next stop was Kundasang... My companions bought cheap vegetables and fruits. As for me, I did not buy anything as I was tired because of my running nose. I stayed in the car while waiting for them.
After 30 minutes, we were on the track heading to the Kinabalu Park. The Park is full with amazing landscapes. There were a lot of Malaysian tourists. We stopped for a while and again I could not join my other companions as they visited a botanical park. After the Kinabalu Park, we continued or journey to Poring. However, we stopped by at the Ranau as we were having problem with our car. We took lunch in Ranau.

Then, we continued our journey and we reached Poring almost 4.oopm. The wheather was cloudy. We rushed to the Hot Spring as we scared that the management will close early because of the bad weather. In this park, there were a lot of visitors, local or foreign were having their bath in a small cubical jacuzzi (sort of). Then, me, Hafeez and Celest took the opportunity to take our bath in this jacuzzi as we heard the spring water is a kind of remedy for skin diseases and knee problem.

We spent more than two hours at this park without realizing the time was running very fast. Hafeez suggested that we need to depart early because along the way back to KK will be hilly and no lights. I did not recall any of the exeperience on the way back as I was sleeping and snoring (i did not care of other passengers). We reached KK around 8.30pm and we rushed to my uncle Kenny to have our dinner. Guess who is my uncle Kenny? The one and only uncle Kenny Roggers...we still need to pay though.....

Later that night, my flu was very bad and I had no mood for entertainment. We went back to the room and I slept early that night.


No comments: