Friday, July 18, 2008

My First Night In Kuching

It has been over a hundred days since I have left Kuching City. On those days, I was here with my late mother. That was the time where my life had turned upside down. When she was diagnosed of having cancer, I never had peace. My worry never ended. At last, she left me on 19th March 2008 at Sibu Hospital.

Tomorrow will mark a new day as I will enrol myself as a post-graduate student. Master in TESL. It is very funny because I never have plan to continue in TESL. TESL as known as Teaching English as a Second Language is a very interesting field to learn. It has taught me new experiences which i encounter everyday in my class.

This year, I am given Form 1, 2 and 5. I teach English Language for Form 1 and 2 and English for Science and Technology (EST) for Form 5. The most interesting class that I look forward to teach is my Form 2 Harapan. The end class. So mati one.......... I always have that kind of feeling whenever I enter that class. For this particular class, I have to prepare millions of teaching aids and strategies just to cater their needs. Itupun sometimes I kantoi....


There are 33 students and mostly are bumis. Their level of proficiency are very low and I could say they are even lower than Primary 1 pupils. Oh..........gosh....... I have changed my syllabus. I never prepare them for the exam. I only concerntrate on one of their language skills which is reading. Unfortunately, they are still unable to follow my lesson. I believe this is not because of my lesson but their own desire to learn. These students are not keen in studying. For them, school is only a platform for them to look for their life partner.

In short, tomorrow will be a new day for me. I will become a post-graduate student. Sounds very funny but I believe I can do it.

1 comment:

DeLL PuTiT said...

hey! it's good to hear dat u're a Masters in TESL holder! keep on going, i know u can do it coz u got the X-FACTOR as a teacher since ever. Well, noh u know how does it feel to study those literature thingy with all da bombastic and flowerish vocabs n verds as well as those oldies witers. it's fun n u gonna enjoy em! r u gonna be da next PN. HAI? heheheh